Named after a brook in the Swiss town of Hölstein, Oris was founded by Paul Cattin and Georges Christian in 1904. The brand only uses mechanical movements and since 2014 has developed six in-house calibers, the latest of which is anti-magnetic, features a five-day power reserve and comes with a 10-year warranty, and recommended service intervals of 10 years.
Oris is recognized for its great designs and excellent value for money. Key collections include the Acquis, the Divers Sixty-Five and, the Big Crown, among others. Oris is an independently owned company.
Five interesting facts about Oris
- Oris’s slogan is “Go your own way”. This embodies their key values as a brand: independence, craftsmanship, and quality.
- Oris’s red rotor has become a registered trademark that underscores the company’s commitment to mechanical watchmaking with practical functions at accessible prices.
- The brand supports a number of great causes including the Coral Restoration Foundation and the Carl Brashear Foundation.
- During World War II, Oris’s distribution network beyond the Swiss border was greatly reduced so the company found a new outlet making alarm clocks.
- Oris’s brand ambassadors include professional divers Roman Frischknecht, Jérôme Delafosse, Anna von Boetticher, Carlos Coste, and Guido Sassoli.
Brand ID Card
Company status : Public limited company
– Ulrich W. Herzog, President of the Oris group
– Claudine Gertiser-Herzog and Rolf Studer, Co-Directors
Number of employees: 200
– Oris Calibres 110-115
– Oris Big Crown
– Oris Aquis
– Oris Divers Sixty-Five
– Aquis Date
– Divers Sixty-Five
Retail prices in USD: From USD 1,650 to 7,600
Annual production: Around 5,000 pieces