Bell & Ross
Bell & Ross was founded in 1992 by two friends: Bruno Belamich (Bell) and Carlos A. Rosillo (Ross). The two Frenchmen shared a common vision to produce tool watches for professionals and teamed up with Sinn watches for their production.
The first watches featured a highly recognizable design that replicated the shape of airplane cockpit instruments.
In 2002, the brand was purchased by the fashion-giant Chanel and its timepieces are now produced in Switzerland’s La Chaux-de-Fonds.
Five interesting facts about Bell & Ross
- Bell & Ross started out as a university project by lifelong friends Belamich and Rosillo.
- The brand holds the world record for the watch with the greatest water resistance – 11,100 meters – with its Hydro Challenger model.
- Bell & Ross has created watches for NATO and the French armed forces, as well as a special collection for bomb disposal squad members of the French Security Services.
- The first Bell & Ross watches featured both the logos from Bell & Ross and Sinn.
- Famous people spotted wearing Bell & Ross include John Mayer, Bruce Springsteen, Hulk Hogan, and Joel McHale, among others.
Brand ID Card
Company status: Simplified joint-stock company
– Carlos-A. Rosillo, Co-Founder and CEO
– Bruno Belamich, Co-Founder and Creative Director
Number of employees: 100-300 (worldwide)
– BR 05
– BR 03-92
Retail prices in USD: From USD 1,900 to 480,000
Annual production: Undisclosed